What If Metropolis? Orthographs For Buildings

 These are the orthographs for the hero building in the scene. I will use these 2D drawings to construct an accurate 3D version of my building in Maya. 






To ensure that each drawing was the same, I used the guide tool in photoshop. It is essential that each drawing is on the same scale so when it come to putting the drawing into Maya for modelling, you will get the same size components. 

Although I drew every side of the buildings in the orthographs, I wont actually have to construct every side. This is due to the fact that I only need to make the sides of the buildings the viewer is actually going to see. This saves time as well as reduces the amount of polygons in the scene. 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh