Toolkit 2: Life Drawing 27/1/22

 Below is the first drawing I did on returning to life drawing from the Christmas break. I found it hard to get back into the flow of drawing a live model at first. I feel like the drawing conveys this. I also found that I was trying to rush to the final product before having a solid grasp of the pose. This lead to a drawing which was out of proportion. 






In order to warm up we completed a drawing exercise were the model changes pose every 1 minute. This exercise forces you to not worry about drawing in detail and instead focus on the important lines to build the silhouette. 









Below is a five minuet drawing 





After the break we completed another set of 1 minute drawings in order to warm up again. 






In the drawing below I tried to no think about the final product and instead focus on making sure the direction of the lines were accurate. I found the pose hard to draw and so did not manage to make much progress when it came to shading, however I feel I built up a stronger foundation by drawing out lines until I find one which matched the pose. 





After practicing my linework in the previous drawing I then applied what I learnt to the next one. I was able to progress into the drawing further now that I had a better understanding of this . One thing Roy (my tutor) told me to consider when drawing this pose is how the arm, which is being leaned on, effects the rest of the body. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh