Minor Project: Modelling Samurai Character Head In 3D (Version 2)

After completing the other tutorial an realising that the character head was too realistic for the Samurai design, I searched for a different tutorial online. 




This video had an interesting method for modelling faces in 3D. You start by making the basic outline of your character in 2D and then move all of the vertex's out to make the model 3D. This was a strange method but meant that my character was even more accurate to the drawing.

 

















By then end of the video I felt that I had created a head which was a lot closer to the drawing I had done. The video did not cover how to do the back of the head as the character in the video has long hair which covered this. I will need to do this next. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh