Getting Used To Animation: The Morph Task (Face to Mushroom)

After speaking to Nat and looking at how she did her animation loop, I felt more confident at completing my one. I also asked other students, if they were struggling with the task and asked to see what the had done so far. One person suggested if I continued to struggle with drawing from the middle, just to draw from the beginning, using the onion skin to see the image you are working towards and the previous drawing. This method seemed easier to me as it meant you could minor changes to the image instead of guessing what it should look like.

                    

     After attempting the middle image method, I decided just to draw the image from the beginning. I felt like I was wasting time and knew I would get the same results regardless of how I completed the task. I just needed to choose the method that worked for me.  




I preferred using this method to create my animation as you could see the progress you were making and new what the result had to be due to the onion skin. The only thing I had to be aware of is how many frames I had left before the mushroom drawing. It was easy to get carried away and draw something resembling the mushroom when I still had 15 more frames to go. I had to ensure the transition was gradual and consistent throughout. 




Here are the final results of my first face morph animation. I was pleased with how it turned out, however feel as if I could improve it by having my facial feature transform into something in the image, to make it look more interesting. It also took me a lot of time to complete just this first morph, which may be due to the fact that its the first time I have done this. However I need to speed up the process to ensure I meet the deadline and don't fall behind.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh