Getting Used To Animation: Morph Task (Finnished)

 After completing the face to mushroom morph, I continued to work on the animation for the rest of the week. The final results are below.


I really pleased with how the animation turned out and I feel like you can clearly see my skills with the animation software improve as the animation goes on. After completing the face to mushroom morph, I felt I needed to not only speed up the process but also look to morph the facial features in a more interesting way. I managed to drastically speed up the process of the mushroom to elephant morph by animating the mushroom until it was in line with the elephant, and then copy and pasting my drawing, adding small changes with each image. This meant I didn't have to draw the whole image again and could focus on the changes. Another important thing I learnt from using the software was it didn't really matter what your drawing looked like. I was spending far too long on a single drawing, which will not be seen for long. Unless there was a glaring issue with what your had drawn, you were not going to notice it in the final animation. 

To make my facial features appear in a more progressive way, I looked at what I could use in the elephant drawing to create them. For the nose, mouth, chin, and eyebrows, I used the wrinkles found on the elephant's face. This worked well as there was not only enough wrinkles for each feature, but they were also roughly in the right place. I knew that I couldn't just make the tusks of the elephant disappear as they are one of the more prominent features of the image, so I decided to turn them into my ears. I wasn't sure how this would actually look as it is quite a bold change, however I went with it. I am really happy with the results of this morph as it makes the image flow so nicely and its really interesting to look at. In the future I will look to make more bold changes in my animation like this one, as the results are more visually pleasing and interesting to watch. I also used the eyes of the elephant to make the eyes in the self portrait.

The only issue I ran into when drawing the elephant to face morph, was the the ears of the elephant morphing into the portraits hair. This was due to how close the shape of the ears were to the hair. I didn't really need to change much which made it harder for me to show change over the 26 frames. This wasn't a major issue however and I do not think it effected the final results.

This project has helped me to feel much more confident with using adobe animate and the animation process. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh