Life Drawing

 This was my fist experience drawing a live model in the life drawing class. Although I was nervous before the lesson, I was also excited to learn more about the human form. 



We were first tasked with some quick drawing exercise to warm up and to also give us new ideas of how to approach a drawing. The image to the far left had to be drawn in 30 seconds and the image to the left in 60. This task forced us to be more observant as we didn't have time to switch between drawing and looking at the model, we had to do both at once. I struggled with this at first as I was overthinking the task, causing me to draw a minimal amount, however felt as though me second attempt was much better. We were then tasked with drawing the next two images with our opposite drawing hand. This meant for me drawing the images with my right hand as I am left handed. Although this task sounded daunting at first, I found the results to be better than I expected. This task teaches you to allow yourself to make mistakes. It allows you to get something on the paper without worrying about the results. This helped me feel more comfortable with the situation as it relived the pressure to draw well all the time. 




This is the first pose the model did. We were given around half an hour. I feel as though I captured the general shape of the pose however feel I could have gone in depth more with the shade. As I am not used to using charcoal, I feel as though I played it safe and was scared to press down hard so I wouldn't ruin the image. However by doing this I limited the detail I could add. I also realize that the head is out of place as it is bigger than the body. I struggle to draw head and so want to practise this more. 




This was the second and final pose we had to draw. I feel this image captures the pose of the model a lot better however now I have the opposite problem with the head that I previously had with the other image. Now the head looks far too small for the body. 
























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh