Introduction To Maya: Chicken Coop

 Today we began making the farm scene by 3D modelling the chicken coop. This was done by putting the orthographs on each point of the building and then modelling around it. When modelling in a particular perspective it was best to turn wireframe on to give a clear guide of where each edge should go. I was able to apply the skills learned in making the Lego Car to help me created this asset which is a bit more complicated. I also found the video tutorial really useful as I could pause what's going on and rewind it if I missed a step. Currently we are asked to only complete half the model so that we save time later when creating the UV's.

 One tool I learnt which I found particularly useful was the insolate selected tool. This allows you to just see the part of the model you want to see, without the other parts getting in the way. This became increasingly more useful as the model got more detailed. Next week we will continue making the models for the farm scene 


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh