Introduction To Illustrator: Creating A Comic Strip

 Today I continued to work in Illustrator, creating two different comic strips. The first one came with the images already set up in a separate file and simply required me to position them in the correct place. This got me used to Illustrators ability to let you have assets off to the side of the screen. It also required me to make multiple different shapes to fit the grid and colour them appropriately.

The next task required me to do the same thing, this time however I had to take the parts of the picture I wanted from the image myself and then apply it to the grid. To add the image to the grid you roughly line the image up until your happy and then go over the edge using the pen tool. Once you are happy with outline you then create a clipping mask. This was then repeated for the rest of the images. I took some of the Godzilla images into photoshop and edited them to fit the black and white art style of the other images at the start.

Overall I feel even more confident using both Illustrator and Photoshop after completing this task and I'm happy with results of both my comic strips. 













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh