What If Metropolis? Final Render And Reflection

 This is the final render of my scene. I have managed to go from what was a concept piece, to a fully realized 3D render. I am happy with how it turned out. At the beginning of the project I was able to come up with a strong backstory to Diomira which I documented in a travelogue. This really helped to paint a picture of my version of Diomira in my head. I was then able to refer back to the first project and pick out the parts I would want to improve upon. This gave me the opportunity to focus on just one of my ideas which would eventually be turned into the final 3D render.  The most helpful thing I did to prepare for the project, was to complete the 3D tutorial farm scene. This took me through the whole process of creating a digital scene and is how I was able to come to the final product. It gave me the confidence to turn my idea into a final product I am proud of. However I felt like more could have been done if I had left more time to do the texturing. I greatly underestimated how much time it would take to texture the assets in the scene, not taking into account the size of orientation of the UV. I know now that I could have made my life a lot easier if I had made some of the UV smaller and for the walls for instance, made the UV the same orientation. This would have helped me to line up certain textures. I feel like my confidence in both Photoshop and UV mapping has greatly increased from when I first started the course. I'm especially happy with the progress I made UV mapping as I was unsure about it before the project. 

Overall I was able to gain a lot from this project as it brought me through the entire process of coming up with an idea from a piece of text and transitioning it into something much greater. I have learnt a lot about what I'm able to do, as well as things I might not be as confident at yet. Next time I get a 3D project I will be able to spread the time across more effectively because of this. For example I feel I am quite quick at modelling but very slow at texturing. I will have this on my mind for next time and hope to create more complex models. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh