What If Metropolis? Improving Upon Concept Art

 In a previous post I identified my hero props as the three buildings in front of the walls and the stalls


I am happy with the buildings to the left and so can proceed with turning them into orthographic, ready to make into 3D. When it comes to the stalls however, I mentioned how I felt the stalls where a good representation in the concept art piece, but I don't feel they give off the effect to the city I mentioned in my travelogue.

As I have been improving the lighting of my original concept art I also want to redesign the market place

I decided to refer back to my research on food stalls.


I then did some very quick thumbnails just to explore separate ideas I did not include in my original concept art. I tried to think about what sort of things I described in my travelogue and what sort of thing would be visually interesting to see in the image. Now that my concept art has been changed to night, it allows me to explore more concepts which surround light. I really like the idea of having stalls wrapped in lights and lights dangling from the ceiling. I also liked the idea of including balloons. Since the space is quite limited for the market, I tried to think of things which can be seen from far away. Balloons are a good example as they can be floating above the stalls so they are still visible even in the corners of the drawing. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh