What If Metropolis? Modelling The Umbrella Stall

 The main challenge with this model was creating the umbrella. I ended up doing this be creating a cube and subdividing it. I was then able to pull out specific vertices to create the basic shape. I then pulled the middle vertex up and smoothed it.  




Another problem I faced when creating this object is the fact that it looked too basic. Although it matched the drawing I had done, their wasn't enough there to seem interesting. This wasn't a massive concern as its quite far back in the scene but I decided to look for a solution to make it look more interesting. 





To fix this problem I decided to extrude in the model and bevel around the outside. This makes the shape less generic and more interesting to look at. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh