What If Metropolis? Textures

 When it came to texturing my models I only really had to worry about drawing lines for the walls and roof's to show brickwork/tiling. However I feel I underestimated the amount of time it takes to do this as it never goes completely well the first time. I was really proud when I textured the first roof and it all lined up correctly as it meant I did the UV's right. This is something that I struggled with when making the barn scene and said I wanted to get better at it. I was happy that all the UV worked the way I intended them to work even if it wasn't for an extremely detailed texture. 

I had a few problems when it came to texturing. The main problem was not all the textures lined up as they were different sizes. This meant the brickwork on the side of the building was bigger than on the front. I tried multiple time to get the size right but never really could. I also forgot to make the UV layer invisible when turning the texture into a tiff file. This meant the UV was visible on the texture, which forced me to go back and change it. This is just down to the fact that I'm new to texturing and hopefully now I've experienced it, I wont do it again. 




Below are the textures I used in the Scene

I made a colour chart for the scene so that all of the colours were the same as the concept art. 

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh