Fantastic Voyage: Introduction To The Unit

 Today I was introduced to the new unit, Fantastic Voyage. The goal of this unit is to create an educational, fully realised animation, aimed at a specific audience. The three topics provided were Energy, Plastic and Evolution. Each of the topic's came with a PowerPoint of information detailing what sort of things need to be covered in order to meet the criteria. You can then focus on researching and explaining a specific point found in the PowerPoint or simply use all of the information provided.

After looking through all three, the topic I am most interested in is evolution, with plastics being my second choice. The reason for picking evolution is mainly due to me understanding that topic the most which will hopefully allow me to convey the information more effectively. I also really like the story of Charles Darwin and his travels on the HMS Beagle, which seems like an interesting topic to animate. I chose plastic as my second choice as there is a section in the PowerPoint talking about how plastics are destroying our environment. This is something I feel really passionate about preventing and is something I feel people need to be educated about regardless of their age. 

One of the main points of this unit is to create an animation which will appeal to a targeted audience in order to educate them. This means that something which may inform and educate someone who is older may not do the same for someone much younger such as a toddler. I will need to take this into account when picking a topic to base my animation on.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh