Soundscapes: 3 30 Second Soundscapes And Reflection

 Below are the three soundscape clips I have completed for the project and a reflective statement about the unit as a whole.



With the first sound I tried to create the sound of water dripping into a void. I got a sort of endless vibe from the picture as if each of the blue lines were dripping into the unknown. I used the spinning of a microwave to create the endless cycle of the void, adding a phaser effect to make it fluctuate more rapidly. The sound then moves on to the sound of draining water, to demonstrate the water being pulled to the void. I recorded my bath draining to get this sound and made it a deeper sound in Audition. You can then hear the sound of running water, which I got from recording my tap. This sound is more quiet compared to the others and continues to represent the water being pulled. As the sound continues you then hear the dripping of water. I thought it would be a good end as it represents the water running out. 






The next image reminded me of the cracking of ice and so I decided to try and replicate that sound. I did this by slowly crushing a can of coke. I really like the sound this created and sounded a lot like ice. I then added in the sound of two metal spoons colliding as it sounded like something was hitting the ice to cause it to crack. 







The final one Is my favourite as I feel I captured the sounds of the image best. This was mainly due to me understanding the image the best allowing me to associate more sound with it. I decided on an electric theme for this image. Throughout the entire sound I played a low static sound, captured from my radio. This gave the entire sound a vibe to bounce other sounds off and is meant to represent the darkness seen in the image. It starts with a dramatic sound created from a spring attached to my mic. I think this works well with the static sound and creates the sound of the unknown. As the static continues a buzzing sound appears and moves around. This was created using my electric toothbrush. I added another more intense static sound, this time emphasising the highs by making it louder and then quieter. The final sound is my favourite and I created it again with my radio. I really like the idea that at the beginning the audience is lost in a static void and by the end it seems like the electricity has come together to create a sound which brings hope.  



Reflection

Overall I enjoyed gathering the different sounds in this unit and then using them to created something new. Its really interesting the process of taking a sound from something completely irrelevant and then making it relevant to suit you. I found audition easy enough to use however felt like I could utilize it more in order to give my sounds a more distinct sound. I do however like how my three sounds turned out and feel I captured the images in the way I saw them effectively. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh