Character Design: Props And Locations

 

In todays lesson we looked at props and locations for characters. For the first task I got the theme of Greek warrior. I had to draw tools which would be associated with the character. This was hard as I dont normally draw Greek objects, however also made it more interesting as I had to think more carefully. I based my designs off of Greek mythology. Justin explained that I should try to avoid drawing generic props and give them a deeper meaning in their use. 



After designing the props the character would use I then had to design where they would live. I had to take into consideration what their personality might be like and what I think they would be doing. 




For the last task I had to humanise props found in the room of a house. I chose the kitchen. I attempted to humanise an oven, making its personality angry. The pots are meant to look like its eyebrows, the door is its mouth and the buttons are its eyes. When it gets angry the pots on its head boil. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh