Character Bible: Designing The Character Costume

 Now that I had completed two of the characters in their normal outfits, I now need to show them as the heroes. I researched iconic superheroes in order to identify what made them stand out so much. I really like the colour scheme the outfits use, as it becomes an influential thing identified with the character. For this reason I want my outfires colour scheme to be perfect. 


When designing the iconic outfit AB-Normal wears, I focused on using the colours Red, White and Blue as the hero is British. I also opted for a pattern rather than a symbol, with the circle highlighting his ab’s, which refers to his name. It is worth noting Elliot does not wear a mask as he wants all of the glory himself. 





I went through multiple iteration of the costume before deciding on the one I liked. I had to come to a decision on the shade of blue the cape would be. I found that if it was too light it washed out the colours on the actual suit, but if it was too dark it looked out of place. 


Now that I had designed the outfit which the hero AB-Normal wears, I now had to do the same for Joe. Within the story Elliot comes from the future, and with him brings a pristine superhero suit, modelled after the hero know as AB-Normal in his timeline. He does this as he believes he will become the new AB-Normal and so needs a suit of his own. However, unknown to Elliot at the time, the suit in which he brings back is the one and only, true AB-Normal outfit. This is due to him giving it to Joe at the end of the story in order to symbolize his development as a hero. As this is at the end of the story, however, Joe still needs a suit in the mean time. He decides to make a suit of his own from materials around his house after seeing Elliot's version of the suit. For this reason elements of the outfit are not done very well, such as the circle which is lop sided. This once again shows a contrast between the two characters, comparing Elliot's obsession with looking perfect to Joe's messy presentation. Compared to Elliot, Joe also wears a mask as he does not want his identity to be revealed. This shows a difference in personality between the two charters, with Elliot wanting all the glory and Joe wanting to remain anonymous. This is how Elliot does not know the true identity of AB-Normal in his timeline.  











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh