Character Design: The Importance Of Shots

 Today we learnt about how to complete an effective storyboard. 

I have written my notes below:

Storyboard - can be rough but need to be readable. Think about where the camera moves. can show full image to show where camera goes.

Zoom in/ out - camera is stationary

Pull in / out - camera moving (represented by thick arrows)

Zoom tilt

Tracking characters / object in scene (big arrow on sides

Can use transitions - fade in/out

Opposite of this is a wash out


After learning about storyboards and the importance of camera movement, I then had to experiment with the camera using one of the provided themes. I chose boxing.




After I leant about how to do the animation layout


Animation layout

show a scene, characters doing gestures, camera movement and environment.

Characters may repeat as it is  a mixture of different shots

Use depth to frame image, foreground, midground, distance. Use colour, richer colours are closer, washed out are further

Lead the eye with perspective



Below is my attempt at drawing Piccadilly circus in perspective. At first I struggled to do this, however I received help on how to do this more effectively. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh