Collaborations Concept: Street View Render

Now that I had created a story outline for our animation, I then wanted to focus on the world in which the events would take place. I decided to make a street view of what could appear in the background for the final animation. 

Below is a mood board of images which inspired my towns design. At the moment my scene feels a bit empty compared to the images which inspired it, which look lived in. There are many elements in the images below which I still want to add to my version as they make the scene feel more stylized and real. 


I focused on the more low poly, cartoony art style, as I wanted to create a world which suited the character of Moom. Its important that the style matches his character in order for the animation to seem believable so that he does not look out of place. 


I  then completed a 3D concept of what the street view could look like outside of the characters house. The scene is still in its blocking out stage in order for me to explore different ideas. I will then present this concept to my group so that they can see my interpretation of the world Moom lives in. If they like this idea we may be able to use it for the pre-viz and final animation. 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh