Finishing Animation

 Today I went through the list of changes I needed to make and applied them to my animation. Most required me to update certain objects in the scene, such as the background or house, as they had been improved upon in later scenes. I also added extra elements, such as cars driving past, in order to make the world seem lived in. Its little details like that which really add a lot to an overall shot. 






After cleaning up the animation, it was now ready for sounds to be added. I imported the video into Adobe Audition and began adding the same sound effects found in the pre-viz, in order to block out what I already had. I found that some sounds did not fit the finished animation and so I changed them. Since I changed how some of the scene's played out, I had to add additional sound effects in the appropriate areas. I spent a lot of time finding the right sound and tried out multiple until it was perfect. 

I really like how the audio turned out and feel it adds SO much character to the animation. I really tried to layer the sounds, so that their is always something going on in the scene. I included multiple songs, which shift the tone of the scene to help with the storytelling. I particularly like the part where Moom is flying in the air, with intense music, while God is peacefully going about his life in heaven. I also changed the music based on each skit, as further indication that its a different scenario.

I feel like my experience in Audition has greatly increased and I now have a greater understanding of the importance of sound in animation. 





Now that both tasks had been completed, they were now ready to be combined to create the final animation. 


If the videos above do not work, please try the links below. If that does not work all videos have been uploaded to the group Basecamp in the folder named "Animation Process"


https://youtu.be/9z-GV7_aBL8

https://youtu.be/2-GabF6TMiA




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh