Collaboration Project: Pre-Viz Process

 Today I imported all of the 3D models made by Emily into the street concept I had created in order to see how everything would look for the pre-viz. I felt that the environment I created served its purpose well as the backdrop supporting the events which take place within each skit. It appeared that Moom fitted into the world well, which is good for consistency when portraying the narrative of our skits. We will be able to use this environment in the final animation with the appropriate changes. 

After identifying the world of the animation, I then began watching through the animatic to remember the events which transpired. I felt that our animatic did not fully represent the events in a clear enough way and so noted down points of improvements so that we could solidify the skits within the pre-viz. 

Once I was happy with what I needed to create, I then spent the day making the pre-viz. I kept the Pre-viz as close to the events as each skit as possible in order to create a clear blockout. I found that in order for all three skits to fit within the 2 minute parameter, I had to increase the speed for certain shots in Premiere.


Pre-viz no audio









After finishing the pre-viz, I then imported it into audition in order to do the sounds. I used the sounds from the animatic to do so. 





Below is the final pre-viz. I completed it quickly in order to give myself the most amount of time on the actual animation. By completing the pre-viz, it has given me a clear guide as to how to angle the camera's and place Moom in the scene. 






If video does not work please use this link. If the link still does not work, all videos are submitted to the group Basecamp in the folder "Animation Process"








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh