Toolkit 2: Jet Pack Jones - Continuing To Model The Mouth

 Today I continued on with the video tutorial in order to complete the lips for Jetpack Jones.


I added in additional edge loops in order to support the lower lip. By adding in additional edge loops, it required me to have to reshuffle a lot of the geometry already put in place. I could start to build the shape of the characters face more because of this.





I then mirrored the model in order to get an idea of what the model looked like as a whole. I found that the lips looked far too thick and so used the mirror tool in order to make them thinner.



I had a bit of a problem surrounding the upper jaw of the model. The jaw would dip in rather than being flat, making the characters face look less natural. I spent time sorting out the placement of certain vertexes in order to fix this problem. This problem occurred due to me moving around too many parts at once and was a simple matter of sitting and cleaning up the model. After doing this I was able to continue on modelling the mouth.



I have managed to complete the lips for jetpack Jones. I feel the top lip still needs tweaking in order to capture Jones’s likeness, however this will be revisited when additional details have been added to the model in order to get a sense of scale. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh