Toolkit 2: Jetpack Jones

 Today I continued from where I left off modelling the characters head. The main problem I had with the model so far was that it was a combination of the video version of the model and the version learnt from physical lessons, which was rushed in comparison. This left me with a model which was along the right lines of what it needed to be however certain parts were out of place. 

For this reason I took the time to clean up the model, using the video version as reference. 



After moving around all of the edges, I then had to add additional geometry in the back of the head. This was done by using the multi cut tool and then deleting any unnecessary edges.

 I need to take time to clean up mesh so that no issues arise when adding additional detail. I followed the video's advice explaining to make sure lines stay parallel and run naturally around the face.


After spending time making sure the model was evenly spaced, I then continued with the tutorial to the mouth, making stage. This required that the head was mirrored. I found once I had mirrored the model, certain parts of the lower jaw needed shuffling around in order to create the round edge.



Cleaning up the model took a lot longer than I expected, however it was something that was necessary to ensure that the model retains a likeness to the character. I will continue on with the videos at a later date. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh