Premise: First Meeting With Tutor

 Today I had a meeting with my Tutor in order to see his thoughts about my idea for the project. I explained that I was interested in animating a fight scene between two characters, set in a Cyberpunk Japan. 

After hearing about my idea Simon suggested that I:

Look into Japanese culture

Look at good quality Japanese animation such as Akira, Cowboy Bebop and Renaissance

Establish a final narrative

Explain world in as much detail as possible in order to paint a broad picture e.g travelogue from the 1st project

Find cyberpunk world examples as influence

Identify a suitable artstyle for the animation. Nothing that is too realistic but also fits the themes. 


In order to help with the above information Simon also provided me with the links to video analysis of Japanese animation, as well as a good quality 3D animation which is based off of an anime.





Simon also suggested that in order to find a suitable arstyle, that I use art station. I should find character designs that I like as well as designs which would be appropriate for my type of animation. I can then find the perfect balance between the two through research. 


After my conversation with Simon, I feel as if I have a clearer guide as to how to approach my project and have even been able to make changes to the story in order to streamline the events which take place. 


The story will centre around the idea that humans have destroyed out preciouses world due to the advancement of technology. Technology has become so advance that it has caused a decline in our society, with their being a divide between the people surrounding the obsession with power. As a result the world has been surrender over to machines. The last resistance to this in Japan is within a tribe which is ag

The leaders of the city are so modified that they are no longer human and instead it is the robot using the human to power itself. This robot survives off of the consumption of life and wants to engulf the entire world in order to fuel itself. 

As the peace treaty between the two nations collapses due to members of the tribe stealing the microchip which grants the users immortality, a fight breaks out. As the fight progresses when both sides of the fight lays their hand on the microchip, their desires are seen in the environment. For example when the tribe leader grabs the chip a tree is grown to show his beliefs and when the corporation grabs it the temple gets ingulfed by machinery. 

At the end of the animation the Samurai is defeated as he is unable to compete with the corporate officer that is almost entirely machine. His fighting style is exact as he is able to predict the opponents actions as he is human. As the Corporate drone grabs the chip he slowly sinks down into the environment and the temple is consumer utterly by the machinery. This puts on full display the effect technology is having on the world and by having the corporate man be consumed by the world as well shows that he is merely a cog in a much larger machine. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh