Toolkit 2: Jetpack Jones - Creating The Throat

 Today I followed the video to create the throat for Jetpack Jones. In order to create the throat, you need to cut the face in half and then use the legacy default viewport in order to see clearer. As my version of Maya did not have this, I had to go online and find a code in order to enable this feature. Once this was done I was able to follow along with the tutorial.


I found that the inside of my characters mouth was slightly different from the video tutorials and so had to make changes in order to ensure that the throat would look the same.


In order to make the remainder of the throat, a cylinder was created. I then had to match the cylinder to the shape of my mouth to make the merging of the two models easier.




Now that the throat had been connected in the correct position, I then added in additional edge loops in order to support the geometry.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh