Toolkit 2: Jetpack Jones - Finishing The Head Model

 Today I completed the last head tutorial for the character Jetpack Jones. The video went through the processes needed for the final clean-up of the character before it was ready to be exported. In order to make the texturing process easier, I made a hat to go on the character, rather than using the characters head. This was done by duplicating the model and then deleting all unnecessary geometry. I also added an additional detail to the earpiece so that it looked more interesting. When the model was ready I named everything and put it on layers.


Overall I really enjoyed the process of creating Jetpack Jones's head and feel I learnt a lot of modelling skills from following along with the video tutorials. By the end I was able to make decisions on my own for how I interpreted the character, without worry too much about what Alan was doing in the video. I am excited to use these skills to design and create a character of my own in the future. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh