Toolkit 2: Jetpack Jones - Modelling The Hands + Completing The Model

The final thing to model before bringing everything together was the hands. To begin I made a cube and modelled it into the shape of a finger by using edge loops to add additional geometry. I then moving the vertices to the appropriate areas, using the drawings as reference.





After modelling one of the fingers I then had to make the hand for the fingers to connect to. This was done from a cube.




After creating the block-out of the hand I could then connect the fingers to the model. This was a long process to get right however I was able to complete it to form a rough hand. 



After making the four fingers, I then duplicated one of the fingers in order to make the thumb . I then had to place the thumb in the appropriate area before extruding out and attaching it to the model.





After applying the thumb to the model, I spent a lot of time reshuffling the geometry to make sure it was modelled correctly.




The final part was to connect the hand up with the arm using the glove bulge. 







I am really happy with how the character turned out. Even if I did not model him perfectly I feel that I have capture the essence of the character. By learning the processes of creating a character I feel confident that I would be able to create once of my own. The key part of the process is to keep adding and shuffling geometry until it flows round and the shape. I am excited to move on to UV, texturing and then rigging the character. 















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh