Toolkit 2: Jetpack Jones - Modelling The Helmet

 Today I modelled the characters helmet which consisted of a headband and earmuffs. Started by drawing curves for the geometry to follow. This represented the head band. I found this hard at first as it looked unnatural on the character, however after adjusting the edges for a while I eventually managed to find the correct looking shape. I could then create the plane which would be used to make the headband. I found it to be a tedious process filling in the guide with the plane, as the edges did not want to follow along with the curve.


I then did the same process in order to make the headpiece which wraps around the ear. Once again I extruded the model inwards and added additional edge loops in order to support the edges.




Once the cap was done the final detail was the ear muff which was made from a sphere primitive.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh