Premise: Cyberpunk Character Design

 Today I decided to continue to design the character which will represent the cyberpunk world. Below are the sketches I originally drew which developed into the idea that the character is being consumed by the machine. 

In order to show off visually the idea that the man is being consumed by the machine, I decided to gather additional images which I felt conveyed this idea. I want the character to have a skull-like face to show the strain the machinery has put on his body. 



I also continued to use the images below as inspiration as to the anatomy of the character. 



I then designed some ideas (from left to right). Each time I took the idea of consumption to another level, each time having the effects been more dangerous for the character, to the point where he is bones.



I liked this design and so drew a turnaround version in order to understand further how this character would look. 

I then cleaned up the lines once I was happy with the two perspectives, so that they could be coloured. 



I tried several colours with each of them following along with the theme that the characters been turned to bones. 

I really like the middle design and so decided to see how it would look in the 2.5 perspective. I decided to get rid of the grey bits in the arm to emphasis the bones. 




Overall I am happy with the character and want to take this design further by drawing the character in different poses to see how it fits a fight scene. 















 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh