Premise: Environment Design Ideas

 In order to show the conflict between traditional and technology I have to create a world which can convey this effectively. 

I have talked about how I want to take a more abstract approach to for the final version of my animation, however for now I wanted to take a look at how this world is structured in order to get a clearer idea of how the two worlds interact. 

I completed several thumbnails which show the idea of a mountain surrounded by a overpopulated city. 


I completed the drawing below in order to develop my skills at drawing cities buildings in perspective. The idea was not to focus on detail but solely perspective to see how buildings are placed in order to build up a city. The buildings closer are meant to represent buildings which may have been their in a modern day Japan. As the need for buildings had become more of a concern, and with the rapid development of technology, the buildings have become larger and larger. 





I noted down ideas which would need to be explored when it comes to designing the final version of my city. The main point to keep in mind that this is a world which is very overpopulated and so it will need the facilities in order to attempt to cope with the amount of people. 




Next stage is to take this idea to the next level in order to give my world a personality of its own. I want to use influences such as the show Love Death + Robots to help me with my ideas.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh