Premise: Ideas For Japanese Palace

 Now that I had begun developing the world around the mountain, I now wanted to look at the possibilities which could be the traditional side of Japan. I gathered research of all the possibilities which could influence my design. 



Once big influence which pushed me to look more at Japanese palaces is a game called Sekiro. Sekiro is set in an alternate reality 17th century Japan and has the player assume the role of Wolf, a shinobi. There is a conflict between the Ashikaga and Tokugawa shogunates and the player must navigate through the battlegrounds in order to carry out their mission of protecting the divine heir. 

The architecture used throughout the game is the same sort of look I want for my own animation. It was useful to get a 360 view of all objects and see how they were implemented and interacted with the world. I took some screen shots of gameplay as reference for my work. 





This was a quick sketch which I completed in order to get out my initial ideas for the traditional temple. The fight would take place between the two drawings, with it starting with the bottom drawing and ending in front of the palace by the Shinto Shrine. The two are connected by the stairs seen as the bottom right of the top drawing. 



I then combined the ideas to create a cleaner version of the two drawings. 






I now want to look further at traditional Japanese architecture in order to create an environment which is accurate. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh