Premise Research: Initial Samurai Character Design

 Now that I had designed the cyberpunk character, I wanted to then design the traditional Samurai. I  researched samurai using art station as seen below in order to influence my work. 


I then drew the character in a similar pose to the cyberpunk character in order to make sure they seem as if they are from the same world. Originally I had it so the character was wearing a full mask, however I changed this as I felt it took the human element away from the character. it is important to show a difference between the two characters so that you can see the main conflict of the story, man vs machine. I also struggled to draw the armour in this perspective and so decided to switch perspective to continue on with the drawing idea. 







I decided to give the character a wooden arm, showing that he relay's on nature in order to live his life. This idea was inspired heavily by the character Wolf from the game Sekiro. For now I used a very similar arm in order to convey this idea, however I want to look at this in further detail so that I can create a design that is more faithful to my own character.  



Overall I think this is a good foundation for the character and I want to do additional research surrounding Samurai culture in order to create a believable character. 















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh