Toolkit 2: Life Drawing 10/2/22

 This was the first sketch of the day as a warmup drawing. I got 2o minutes to focus on the drawing. I found the pose hard to draw at first as its an unnatural angle, however as I got further into the drawing I began to notice how each part of the body worked in order to make the pose. 



In todays lesson Roy did a 45 minute demonstration on how to draw a portrait. The key thing I learnt from this demonstration was to not trust the first line that you draw. Instead you should focus on using construction lines to form the shape of the body rather than doing an outline as they are more likely to be accurate to what you are actually seeing. From here you can build up the shadows in order to form the features of the face. 




After watching the demonstration I attempted my own version of the portrait, focusing largely on how the shadows interact with the face. The final picture wasn't amazing however I felt that I understood the technique a little better. 



I then attempted another portrait drawing after the first one. At the time I felt I improved upon the first, however when I took a step back I found that the drawing still seemed out of proportion. I am still drawing based on what I think I see rather than what is actually in front of me. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh