Toolkit 2: Life Drawing 17/02/22

Todays lesson started with a 15 minute drawing. I took this time to remind myself what I had learnt in the previous lesson about construction lines. Although I wasn't able to get much of the drawing done, I was able to remember the key skills learnt








We then moved on to 5 sets of 30 second drawings. As it is only 30 seconds you are forced to draw quickly. By doing this you are able to take note of any habits you may have when drawing.




The next drawing was 30 minutes so I was able to get quite a lot of the drawing done. I again wanted to reflect on the skills learnt in the last lesson and so focused on drawing just the head. At first I found the pose hard to draw as the head appeared to be facing down however the nose still looked as if it was straight. I found that the problem wasn't that I drew the drawing in the wrong way, but that I hadn't added the shadows in the appropriate way to display that the head is facing down.









After the break we went back to 5 30 second drawing in order to warm up






I then completed another 30 second drawing. In this drawing I wanted to focus on applying the skills from the last drawing to the entire body. I found that it was harder to add the detail I wanted to beacuse of the size I drew the drawing at. I also made the body too large for the head, however I attempted to fix this by erasing out certain parts. 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh