Premise: Improving Upon Initial Character Design - The Eyes

 I managed to complete an initial version of my character which will represent the traditional Japanese side. I really like how I managed to translate the slender body type look to this character, which resembles that of the cyberpunk character. My goal was to ensure they looked as if they are apart of the same world, even if they lead very different lives. 




I did however feel that there was something off about this drawing. I wasn't sure how I felt about the top half in particular. I decided to start with the head from scratch in order to reimaging the characters look in a more stylized way, starting with the eyes. 


I spent a long time focusing on drawing stylised eyes as I feel they are a key aspect to translate the characters emotions to the audience. I wanted to ensure that I had experimented with a variety of different eye colours to see how I could improve upon my initial drawing. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh