Premise: Improving Upon Initial Character Design - The Body

 Now that I had completed the head I decided to revisit the body. I felt that the problem with the original body was that their was too much going on with the top half. It felt overcomplicated and messy. I decided to strip it back to its bare minimum. When it came to the legs I felt that a previous drawing I did would actually go better with the style I drew my head in. I liked the metal on the mask of the new character head an wanted to continue this look further on the rest of the body. 





I then spent a long time colouring the character, making sure that I matched the art style done for the head. I started by picking colour I thought would look nice for each part of the outfit, with the intention of experimenting later on. Once I had completed the full drawing, I decided to change the look of the armour to a more basic look. I preferred what this looked like as it fit with the art style of the head more. I also experimented with the character looks, having the hat bigger and removing it entirely. 




I then went back and changed the colour of the outfit to see what different colours would look like. I looked at my refrence images as inspiration for what real Japanese Samurai armour looked like. 






Once I had completed all of the colours I then narrowed it down to my favourite four. I feel these four fit the look I was initially going for the best and show off the character in the best way. 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh