Premise: Rooftop Orthographs For Traditional City

 Today I wanted to begin the final design for the Japanese palace which will be the backdrop of the fight scene. I gathered images to reference for the placement of the buildings as well as using my own sketch.

When finding references I kept my character in mind at all times. This is because it is important to create a world which defines the main character as a product of his environment. 




I decided to start with the front view of the buildings so that I could get a clear understanding of Japanese architecture. I found that the rooftops are the most defining factor in making a building unique and so experimented with different designs.

As I have done the images in the front view I can also use these drawings a orthographs later when it comes to the 3D modelling process. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh