Toolkit 2: Skinning Jetpack Jones - Blending The Upper And Lower Body

Now that I have weighted the mesh I now needed to distribute that weight in the appropriate areas so that only the correct movement happened when moving a joint



 After following along with the video to paint the weights for the pinkie, I then did the rest of the fingers on my own using the same method. The method was simple enough to complete for each finger, however I ran into a problem with some of the fingers where the weights had been placed in the wrong areas. At first I was unsure how to fix this problem so I messed around with the settings for a while. Eventually I remembered that you just have to repaint the weight for the right finger and then flood it 100%



I then continued to use the same process for the rest of the top half of the model. 








I also completed the second video which shows you how to paint the weights for the lower half of the model. 


Once the entire model had been weighted I mirrored over the weighting to the right hand side. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh