Premise: Final City Concept Art

 Today I decided to return to the city concept art. I decided to draw more basic buildings which could be duplicated across the scene.






I liked the pattern of the bottom right drawing I drew and so decided to refer back to my previous drawing to see what it would look like on a cityscape.






I tried a different arrangement in order to do a perspective which the building might look like if view from the mountain. However I did not like how this looked and felt like it was missing the charm of the cities which inspired my project in the first place. 


I decided to look at additional refrennces, particularly from Akira, in order to see how the city is presented. I really like the overwhelming look of Akira's world, one which displays the full personality of the world form a single glance. It also solidifies the overpopulation crisis by not leaving any breathing room for the buildings. 


With this in mind I decided to draw a much more extreme version of my city which was a combination of new and old concepts. I feel this version of the city is the sort of thing I had in mind from the beginning and along the way I lost the vison for it slightly. This would have to be a matte painting if used in the final animation, however could still include modelled buildings of the closer buildings to cleanly transition between 2D and 3D. 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh