Premise: Making The Pre-Viz Scene

 Today I started modelling the scene for my previz. I started with each of my orthographs and modelled each object. 


Once I had the initial objects in the scene I then referred to my concept art and began modelling the basic layout. 



In order to create the rocks I used a plugin which randomly generates rock models. This made it quick to build up the environment for the pre-viz. When it comes to actually modelling the scene I want to have a more personal look and so will model the rocks myself, but as this is a pre-viz it does not matter as much. I also use the soft select and sculpt tools in order to make the mountain. 

For the previz I used my concept art of the palace, however when it comes to the final scene I want to model the palace myself. 




I then added basic colours in order to distinguish different parts of the environment. When it comes to the final models this will all be textured. 



The last thing to do was the characters. As it would take a long time to model my characters, I decided to use one of the premade ones. I coloured over the models textures in order to make the character look more like my Samurai. When it came to the Robot character I decided just to leave it as the basic man as it would take far too long to texture and still not resemble the character due to his strange proportions. Instead I will complete the pre-viz with these two characters and then model a previz version of my characters. 


























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh