Premise: Presentation Reflection

 Today I presented my premise unit to my tutor and fellow classmates in order to show the direction my project has taken. As this was the second presentation I continued where I left off last time, which was taking all of the research I had gathered and applying it to my own animation. This lead to the creation of the two characters. I was excited to present as I feel I have developed my project well in terms of what is required for the unit. 

My tutor said that I was at a good place and that the idea for my project is strong, which I was very proud of. Below are the things suggested by my tutor which can help me improve upon my project for submission:

Investigate the colour pallet -  at the moment the two worlds are very similar and my tutor suggested investigating the colours which distinguish the two worlds. For example traditional would be more pastel colours and the cyberpunk world would be purples and blues. This will he differentiate the two sides and make the animation look more aesthetic. 

Look into more stylized fights - A big part of my project was focused on looking at anime as reference in order to translate that style into 3d. When viewing my pre-viz, Simon explained that its lost its style slightly and needs cleaning up slightly. He suggested that I look at anime fight scenes, looking particularly at how they use the camera in order to display the fight. He suggested that after reviewing the fight scene, I buy a BIY figure, which will allow me to explore more poses without the limit of the 3D model. I can then use a real life camera in order to capture the best shot of the figure. This will also be a lot quicker than drawing each pose. 

The final suggestion was that the cyberpunk world seems as if it does not fit the world and needs to be more abstract. Simon suggested that instead of making the world myself I use the setting M.A.S.H in Maya, which will allow me to apply a sound and let the music build the world for me. 

Overall I am happy with the stage my project is currently at and will implement as many of the changes as I can to insure that my project is at its strongest in time for submission. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh