Minor Project: Rigging Both Test Models

 Today I brought both of the test models into the same scene and used Maya's auto rigger to rig and skin the character's. 

I had never used this feature before so I watched a video in order to understand how it worked. After seeing how straightforward it was I completed both my characters. Before skinning I made sure to move the joints around to ensure they lined up with my character's. 



I also coloured the characters using lamber's in order to get an idea what the full bodies of the characters looked like. 





This process turned out to be quicker than I had imagined. I was surprised Maya had this inbuilt system which I had never even heard of which fulfilled what I needed to do perfectly. I am now able to begin testing my models through the pre-viz. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh