Minor Project: Setting Up The Scenes For The Pre-viz

 For the pre-viz environment I already had a fair amount of assets from last year. However this time instead of making all of the models fit together as one large map, I instead want to recreate the animatic shot for shot. 




When testing for how I can create my environment, I thought of using heightmaps. I found one online which I ended up using for the pre-viz. 

Link To Website Where Image Was Found: UE4 Heightmap Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Landscape Heightmaps for UE4





In terms of  environmental shots, the environment is only actually seen in all of the images below. This meant I could just recreate the shots seen below for the pre-viz.




I also had the map I had made in order to help visualize the placement of objects in the environment. 



The 1st shot required a tree which has the character sitting in it. I managed to make the tree by taking a cylinder and extruding it along an EP curve I had drawn. I then had to repeat this process every time I wanted to add a branch. I did 3 versions of the tree but decided I liked the middle one the most. 




I then continued to make each scene up based on how they looked through the camera, trying to match the compositions. 


I am now ready to start on the pre-viz





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh