Minor Project: Finalizing The Look Of The Samurai In 3D

 Today I added the additional accessories to the Samurai, finalizing the model. After experimenting with the test model, I now know that the character is usable for the animation as it can be effectively rigged and skinned. 



































Overall I am happy with the final look for the character and I am excited to continue developing him in the texturing process, which I will do in Major. I am proud that I was able to complete the character to the same level of detail as the drawing. My favourite part  of the model is the back of the armour. I like how everything connects up, which I was able to understand through my research of Samurai armour. 

The method in which I create the character, by building the armour up in layers, makes a lot more sense to me as I was originally trying to create the character by making everything from a single layer. I now understand that the easiest way to create a model is by applying real life logic to how you construct it in 3D. 




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh