Minor Project: Renders Of Final Characters

 Today I rendered out images of my characters in order to show off the final models. I'm really pleased with how they turned out and feel I did a good job of transferring my ideas from 2D to 3D for both models. At the beginning of the project, I did not feel confident in modelling a full character on my own, let alone doing two. However I learnt a lot through trial and error while I made the first version of the Samurai as well as through tutorials and watching video's online. I gained a lot of confidence with modelling the Samurai through the research I did surrounding the construction of the armour. This helped me a lot to visualize how to put the model together and as soon as I had a basic block-out of the character I was easily able to build it up from there. I was then able to take what I learnt from the modelling of the Samurai and apply it to the cyberpunk character. 

Out of the two the Samurai is my favourite as I really like the attention to detail on his outfit. On my second revision of the the character I made sure to include things which actually served a purpose rather than just looking cool. This allowed me to stay close to the drawings. In terms of the Cyberpunk character I am really looking forward to the texturing process in Major as this is when I feel the character will shine the most. At the moment I feel I have laid a solid foundation to allow myself to add details such as LED's and wear and tear to the metal. I think the head is the best part of the model and I am proud that I was able to bring it into 3D.









































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh