Major Project: Creating Environment Foliage - Part 1

 Today I began completing the tutorials I found online for my environment. I started with the grass and trees which will be in the environment. 

MASH Grass 3D modeling (Autodesk Maya tutorial)


This was a very simlple tutorial, with the entire process taking about 3 mins, however I still got the results I wanted. I like how easy MASH is to use as it is very customizable based on what you are trying to create. I feel I will be able to use this effectively in my environment, especially if I spend more time creating and texturing the grass model. 











As this was quite a quick tutorial I also began making the tree model tutorial. 


Stylized Tree with Autodesk Maya 2022 and Substance 3D Painter


I managed to complete the tutorial up to the point where you apply it to the tree and export to Substance. The process was very easy and mainly just took time making different variations of the same thing. I'm hoping once I complete the substance side of the tutorial the tree still looks good when brought back into Maya, however if this is not the case, the leaves created so far still look quite good to be a background model. 





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh