Major Project: Creating The Japanese Palace - Part 2

 Today I assembled the buildings so that they matched the drawings. This was a simple process as I had planned out each part of the buildings, and simply had to put the pieces together. I applied random colours before doing this to objects which will have the same textures when in substance. This will make it so when I drop a material on a single object, all objects of the same colour will also get that material. This will save time having to manually apply each material. 




























I added in these mountains to compare how the final scene should look. However I am unsure whether to use the mountains in the final scene as they are quite high poly for a background object. 


Overall I am happy with the results of the buildings and feel this was probably the best method of creating the palace. I tried to keep it low poly as it is only a background object, however the Palace is only seen in full for a limited amount of shots, meaning I can delete sections when they are not in frame. I also feel the basic colour textures are probably enough if I were to assign more appropriate colours, however I want the experience of texturing the palace in Substance, even I don't end up using them. 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh