Major Project: Japanese Palace - Part 4

 Today I experimented with different textures within substance painter until I found a combination I liked for the palace. 


As the original piece of concept art had no colour to it, it was left up to the texturing phase to decide what the actual palace would look like. Although I already had an idea of the sort of colours I wanted to include, I gathered reference images online to be certain it matched the theme of traditional Japanese Palaces. 




Below is a closer look of the final textures of the Palace. It is important that it reflects the traditional look of a Japanese palace so I put it against a neon background, which represents the Cyberpunk world. I really like how the building has come together and feel it contrast nicely against the background. All I need to do now is fix some of the UV's on the rooftops of the building. 




I feel this is a believable environment for my character to have been brought up in. All I need to do now is figure out how I'm going to represent the environment once it is destroyed by fire later in the animation.





                  

                   Original Concept Art For Reference




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh