Major Project: Rigging The Characters - Part 2 IK And Spine

 Todays video started by adding controls for the pelvis and knee joints. This was a very simply process and just required one of the shapes to be constrained to the appropriate joint. 



I then moved up further in the body and added controls for the back and chest. In order to prepare for set driven keys, I had to make a set of groups and move their pivot point to the control and pelvis.



As my characters do not have ribbon spine, I had to create additional controls for the upper and lower back. When the tutorial went through the method of set driven keys for the chest, I applied the same knowledge to the two controls. Although this is laid out clearly in the video, I am proud that I was able to figure out how to apply the set driven keys to my own controls and now feel a greater understanding of the process. 






I then had to go back and complete the same process for the Cyberpunk character. 



I am happy that I spent the additional time in the skinning process to really refine how the characters look when they bend as I feel this looks really smooth when bending them with the controls. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project Submission Post: Reflective Statement + Art Of

From Script To Screen: Investigating How Shutter Island Tricks The Audience

Character Bible: Elliot Goh